It is a challenge to plan a menu for a group with food allergies, sensitivities and diet restrictions. Often the best a hostess can do is serve guests several food options. While it’s a gracious thing for a hostess to do, it is also time and budge consuming.
Unless of course the hostess has an incredible Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe that can please the masses.
My recipe for a Chocolate Avocado Mousse follows this post. I adjusted Australian Blogger Bizzy Lizzy’s Good Things recipe to make our dessert dairy free.
A few substitutions later and I now have the perfect nutrient packed dessert free of gluten, soy, egg , and dairy. For a nut free recipe replace the almond milk with rice milk or coffee.
This is a rich mousse. I recommend serving a large dollop on top of a bed of fresh berries.
The fruit will also help anchor your chocolate mustaches and lips, if you choose to serve your desert in a less dignified setting.
Eat well and be happy my friends!
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or coffee
- Melt chocolate
- Place melted chocolate and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve on top of fresh berries. Garnish with ridiculous chocolate mustache or lips.