On a search for a Norwegian Krumkake recipe I discovered Chocolate Mice displayed on a dessert table at a Nutcracker Birthday Party. The adorable party gave me miles of inspiration for this holiday season and future birthday parties for my little girls.
In a last-minute move, I whipped up a batch of Chocolate Mice for our Christmas Eve Dinner Party. We boxed up a few for our neighbors and put the rest on the dessert tray with our eggnog mousse. (The printable recipe for both are at the end of this post.)
The adults and children were just as delighted by the little Chocolate Mice as I was.
We will serve them again on New Year’s Eve. I’m pretty sure the nursery rhyme “Hickory Dickory Dock” is about the countdown to the New Year.
I plan to throw my youngest daughter a Cinderella birthday party in March. I’ll dip the cherries in colorful candy melts to replicate Cindy’s little friends. They will be fun party piece on top of the cake or as party favors, or maybe both!
- 1-4.6 oz box of Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling Mix (not instant)
- 1½ cups of Eggnog
- ½ cup milk
- 4 oz frozen whipped topping
- Chocolate cups
- Small jar maraschino cherries with stems.
- 8 oz dark chocolate for melting
- Cherry Cordial Hersey's Kisses
- Almond slices
- Mix eggnog and milk together into a large bowl.
- Whisk in vanilla pudding until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir continuously. Bring to boil and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and return to large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is no longer warm.
- While mixture cools, pat cherries dry and melt chocolate in a small bowl. Dip cherries in chocolate and place on parchment paper. While still warm attach kiss to the front of the cherry opposite the stem. Slip two almond slices behind the kiss. Hold briefly to set.
- When pudding mixture is cool stir in 4 oz of the whipped cream.
- Pipe mousse into chocolate shells.